Friday, December 27, 2013

Finger Sucking

I need help from my readers. Everyone was super helpful with ideas for Keegan taking off her diaper at night, now I'm ready to break another habit. 

Keegan has always sucked on her middle two fingers. She refused a pacifier at birth and was quite happy with her own two fingers. Part of me knew that it could one day be a battle, but the other (sleep deprived new mom) side of me was happy for self soothing that led to more sleep. Last spring we made some great progress breaking her of the habit with athletic tape, encouragement, and a promise of a prize. Then we went on vacation, left the tape at home, and she realized how great it felt to be a finger sucker again. 

We tried retaping and she rips it off even when we do in all different ways and individual wrap/wind different fingers together. 

We've tried the promise of gifts and pointed out that her nail polish is being taken off when she sucks on them. 

I know there are a ton of different other things to try, I need the nitty gritty on the options. If you want to message me or comment the good and the bad, cost, and considerations, I would be most appreciative. 

Thanks in advance!

No comments: