Saturday, January 3, 2015

A Hair Cut

In October a friend of ours was diagnosed with Acute Lymphatic Leukemia (ALL). Like all cases of cancer, this caught us off guard, but I think, even more so, as it is the first time our young parent church group has had to face something like this. Our friend is sick and we are working hard to respond. 

Part of that response was an effort to sell shirts to raise money and awareness for their battle. In order to boost sales, some of the guys, Matt included, agreed to shave their heads if certain numbers were met. As Matt's number approached, his boldness and complete willingness to serve his church buddy pressed on me and I decided to, once again, cut my hair for donation. I had to switch to a different donation company because I only had 9 inches, but the hair will go to making a wig for someone with hair loss. 





To be honest, the hair cut didn't go as planned. The cut was shorter than I asked for and styled a bit differently than I wanted. It was the first time, in all my big haircuts that I had to hold the tears back after seeing the big change. But I was able to keep perspective on it as my haircut, would literally, grow on me. Others cannot say the same. 



We are honored to stand with our friends and to watch them #bthocancer


No comments: