Sunday, August 25, 2013

Tomorrow

Tonight I am thinking about all the teachers and other support staff at schools who are just as nervous, if not more so, than their students, wondering what tomorrow will hold. I think about the countless hours they spent planning, practicing, learning, decorating, and more preparing for their kids. I think about the money they have invested and the care they took to pick each item that hangs on their walls and is places on their shelves. I think about the care taken to choose their outfit and how each item was probably chosen with a purpose. The first day of school is an amazing day for students and teachers and I am praying for each educator this year to have a meaningful, purposeful, and positive impact on the lives they come in contact with. A majority of teachers are amazing people who want good things for their students. I was honored to be among their ranks for a time and wish them a fantastic first day and a remarkable year.

No comments: