Thursday, August 1, 2013

Mac's confusion

When my grandmother, MawMaw passed away, we explained to MacKenzie the best we could. Her little 3.5 year old mind hasn't dealt with death in a large degree. We explained that we wouldn't be able to see her anymore because she died and went to heaven. The inevitable question of if we would be able to go to heaven came up and I explained to her that, hopefully, she wouldn't go to heaven for a long time.

We have been trying to see my other grandmother, Nana this week. When I talked to Mac about going to see her, she looked at me with a puzzled look on her face and ask where she lived. I said that she lives at her home and we haven't visited her at this place yet. She then said she thought Nana lived in heaven. I had to explain to her that she was thinking of MawMaw and that Nana was still with us here and we could still see her.

Funny how those little minds work. And very glad that we can still visit 3 of Mac's great grandparents!

No comments: