Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Being tested

Let's just say that the girls have been testing me over the last two days. I think it is a combination of growing, allergies, ozone, ages, and colds being passed around, but it's been challenging to determine where their moods are going to be. Everything will be perfectly normal, we will all be having a great time and then one of them will freak out and go ballistic or even worse, start sobbing with such emotion that I can't figure out what's wrong. We work really hard at trying to get them to tell us what they are feeling and to give them a way to calm down in a "safe" place, but sometimes it just doesn't work that way. I have to give them credit, they are super easy kids 99.5% of the time, it has just caught me off guard the past two or three days to have them on emotional roller coasters at the same time. I suppose it is just a preview for what our lives will be like in ten years or so when teenage hormones kick in to help with all of that. Thank goodness Mattie has Johnny to help balance out some of the estrogen in our house. Otherwise, he may be spending a lot of time in the garage with his mustang!

No comments: