Thursday, November 21, 2013

Done!

Mattie is officially done with going to school for his MBA. His last class was tonight so he is effectively done with the schooling portion of his degree. Now, he has more to do before he graduates, but that is another post for another time. I am so glad that the huge bulk of his work is done. I'm trying to think of the word to describe the past two years in regards to me and the kids while he worked through his degree. Frankly, it just "was". There were times that were challenging, but many more times that were easy. There were times that were stressful, but other times that were a breeze. While we wanted him home every night (even the ones where I curled up on the couch watching trashy MTV and eating secret desserts), we have all been so proud of what he has done and what he was working for to make our lives better. It has been such a collaborative effort. It was really nice yesterday to realize it was the last day I had to pack all three meals for him to take with him. I am so proud of his hard work and really respect the reasons why he pursued this degree.

I am also very happy to celebrate with him, he brought home ColdStone Cinnamon ice cream with brownies and chocolate chips in it!

No comments: