Saturday, September 21, 2013

Visiting the Greats

As far as I know, I only have a couple of pictures of me with one of my Great Grandparents. I have very few memories with them, mainly as being short little visits before they passed away when I was in elementary school. I tried to get a chance to see my grandmother before she passed away, but that never worked out due to her canceling for various reasons. I was able to go see her once she was in care, but that was not a situation that I felt I needed to take the kids to. Thus it has been important to me to take the kids to see their other Great Grandparents this summer. We get to see my grandmother with some regularity since she lives in town. We took a weekend this summer to go see Matt's grandparents who live further away. MacKenzie will definitely have memories of them and playing with them, I hope that Keegan and Johnny do to. They are very important and special to Matt and I, we hope that the kids sense that and have a special relationship with them too. If nothing else, we have pictures to show the happy times spent together!

 Matt's Grandma and Johnny (the kids call her Grandma)

 All the kids

 Grandpa and Johnny (John Madison One and John Madison Two)


 Nana and Johnny, she bought him this Astros outfit

The girls eating candy and lounging while visiting Nana

No comments: