- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites slightly. Stir in bananas, sugar, oil, and lemon peel. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Stir in walnuts. Fill muffin pan cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned. Remove muffins from pan.