Sunday, January 6, 2013

Tomorrow...

I think I am going to resume working out tomorrow. I am really wanting to get back into the habit and would love to lose some of this baby weight over the next couple months. Because of nursing, I cannot cut too many calories to make sure that my milk production stays up. I enjoy working out anyways. I am pretty casual about it, usually doing 20-25 minutes of cardio and some weights three times a week. Before I had Johnny I was walking on the treadmill and alternating arms and back with legs, doing five machines each. I think I may try the Couch to 5K program again for my cardio and I will see how well the kids do in childcare to determine if I can do all arms and legs in one session or if I will need to continue alternating. I think as Mommies, our bodies are primed for working out, we are constantly moving,  chasing, squatting, picking up kids, doing chores, and in general being on alert for our kids. Plus I think taking the "me time" is important, 35-45 minutes of music and focusing on myself is usually well warranted and needed to be a better mommy!

No comments: