Tuesday, July 21, 2009

24 weeks and counting...


It does not look that big...

Whoa mama...never mind...

Here we are at 24 weeks. We just passed this marker and we are frantically realizing that this baby is very much on the way. We have known for some time that the baby is actually inside of me growing, but when you say we are down to 16 weeks left it makes it very real. We have so much to do, but we also realize that in the end as long as there is a place for the baby to sleep, diapers, and warm clothing we should be ok. Everyone has been so supportive around us, but we think it is tremendously funny to see people who have not seen me in a while react to the hugeness that is my belly. This weekend we go to my family reunion in Chapel Hill, TX and a good majority of those people we only see once a year...so we should have some good reactions and belly touching.

Speaking of belly touching...some of you know that I have issues with people in my personal space...not people that I know, but strangers. I thought that this personal space issue would translate over to people I know touching my belly because of how personal and special it is to me, but I really haven't. It is kind of fun to watch (only females) people that we know come up and show love for the belly. I figure as long as I continue to get warm fuzzy feelings from it, by all means they should continue. I have not had to tell any stranger to back off yet, but we will see what happens...I think the ferocious mama t-rex will come out at that point!

I did have two interesting interactions with two separate people yesterday. When going to get my hair trimmed (just an inch) the Korean woman that was folding towels insisted that I am having a boy. I told her I didn't know and she said "No, you are having boy." So we know where she is on the gender debate. Later, I had to stop and get a few dollars of gas into my loaner VW Beetle while my car was being worked on (it made me angry to drive...not happy...I like my Jetta much better) and the woman at the counter said "You are having a boy". When again I told her I didn't know she said "You are having a boy, you will see. Come show me later." I don't think it is anything to base paint and onesie colors on, but kind of funny interactions to have in the same day!

We should have another post tomorrow or Thursday after our doctor appointment with our extra ultrasound!!!

2 comments:

The Allisons said...

How funny!
I was the same way with my belly; it did creep me out when strangers would reach for it though!
I mastered the "block belly politely with arms" move!
You will have to bust out that same move once the baby is here too; for some reason total strangers think that it is perfectly fine to touch your baby's face! EWW!

McKay said...

Baby Howi is coming and maybe it WILL be a boy!! How fun are those two random occurances!