Monday, April 11, 2011

Cardiologist and Carenet

Last Thursday Keegan had an appointment with the cardiologist for her ASD (a small hole in the top to chambers of her heart). She was incredibly brave during the appointment and Mommy got a little worked up. I had to help hold her down for her chest x-rays which was not fun and had to let her lay there upset while they put all the EKG leads on her chest. She is little and obviously had no idea what was happening to her so it was hard for Mommy to wait the ten minutes or so to hold her and comfort her. The cardiologist (who was very nice...not my usual stereotype of a cardiologist) felt assured that everything was good and that the initial report was more of a "they have to report it or they could potentially get sued if there is a problem later" situation. We will have a few more follow-ups over the next five years, but it is more precautionary than necessary. That peace of mind will be nice though.

This Saturday the girls and I will be walking in the Carenet walk for life. It is a cause that I am firmly behind and the organization is good about being a support and a help for women in need. If you want more information you can go to http://carenetnw.com/ and you can see the money being raised by individual walkers...the girls and I are walking under the name Howard. If anyone wants to join me, please let me know!

I was thinking a lot about my post last week about soul mates...it is much harder to write about than to explain in person. I would like to say though, I knew Matt was worth working hard for when he gave up going with the sports car club to Hooters to visit my sick grandmother in the hospital...he is a pretty good guy!

No comments: