Monday, August 10, 2009

Belly Painting/ Time with Auntie J!

This past Saturday my sister and I decided to spend some quality time together. We went to Newk's which is a wonderful local sandwich shop not far from the house then went on a quest to try and find a baby book. The baby book alluded me which means I need to order one online, but I had a good time with Jessica (especially after she bought me an icee)!

When we got back to the house we decided to take the plunge and have Jessica paint my belly. She had brought over all of her acrylic paints in preparation of just such an event. Jessica is a very talented artist, she just lacks the time to pursue her artistic endeavors to the degree that she wishes. Jessica had come across belly painting when looking for baby shower ideas not too long ago and while I was a little creeped out by the people that paint little embryo's and fetuses on their stomach I was open to other ideas.

Because we don't know if T-Rex is a boy dinosaur or a girl dinosaur we couldn't really decide what to paint. So, we took the safe route and when I mentioned doing an already famous painting, like VanGogh's Starry Night, Jessica jumped at the chance. We got out towels and water for her brushes, lifted my shirt up, and Jessica got to work. The paint was cold and a little uncomfortable at first, but I enjoyed watching her work...she was fast! She quickly added layers of swirls and lines to create the famous painting and not long after (with a couple of seating adjustments to accommodate the fat, pregnant woman) she was ready to take pictures.

The artist signing her masterpiece...

I suppose the big canvas helped!

The final product...pretty good replica!

All in all, baby T-Rex and I had a good time with Jessica. The baby moved a bit during our painting session which I think Jessica is taking as a sign that the baby is going to be an artist...we shall see...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look so goofy. I had fun with you and t-rex though!!

McKay said...

What a fun idea!