Thursday, March 25, 2010

Baby girl!

I wanted to share a few pictures of MacKenzie so the readers could keep up with how she was doing. In the first picture you will see her in a blue bear hoodie. We are firm believers that girls are perfectly able to wear blue so we did not shy away from it when we were shopping for gender neutral items. That being said, we thought it would be easier when we took her out if she was wearing pink so we could avoid the...boy or girl question. This however, is not the case. I am not sure if people do not pay attention or if they are just stupid, but MacKenzie has been dressed in all pink (onesie, pants, socks, and bow) and people still ask boy? or girl? !!! I can understand when she is wearing blue, but it is not common in our society for little boys to wear pink. No matter how progressive you are...it usually does not happen.

Anyways, we love this soft and cute hoodie that my mom got her. And we love how concerned and thoughtful she looks. She loves to look around and observe things in her life!


Ok, so the following is not the best picture of my baby girl, but there is a cool story about the picture. We bought MacKenzie this Valentine's Day onesie so she could wear it for some time before Valentine's Day (she will continue wearing it until she outgrows it). For Christmas (post onesie purchase), my cousin Emily bought her the doll in the picture. If you look closely, her onesie matches (design and everything) the dress on the doll! So cool!


I am not the best photographer, but I would like to get better. I have a good camera, so sometimes I get lucky. It helps when you have good things to shoot. In trying to practice I got some cute pictures of MacKenzie. There is that expressive little face again. Her eyes are still blue right now, but they seem so dark in this picture.


And you have to include the obligatory baby fat roll pictures!


1 comment:

martha said...

Ah, love the baby fat! What a beautiful girl! Sending lots of hugs and kisses from England.