Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Glimpse of the Future

Matt and I have reveled in how much our girls tend to play together and enjoy being together. Peeking in on their Sunday school class, we see them choosing to sit next to one another, holding hands to go out to the playground, and playing nicely with each other. At home, much is the same, they share and ask nicely for things, they play together for hours, and mutually enjoy each other's company. I am told that they get along well at school too. I am so happy that they have each other. Granted, they argue and get in disagreements, it's not always perfect sisterhood, but for the majority of the time, they really are friends. We are thankful for that. 

God gave me a little glimpse of the future this afternoon as they played princess dress up together. MacKenzie asked Keegan to fasten up her dress and as I looked to see what they were doing, I snapped this picture


I couldn't help but smile as I thought of how this picture may very well mirror pictures yet to come. Whether it be zipping up regular dresses, prom dresses, or one day, (gulp) wedding dresses, my hope and prayer is that they continue to be there for one another. I pray that they lean into one another and find friendship, honesty, love, and support. And I pray that I am with these sweet girls as they dress up for all sorts of events that life may hold for them. Whether they are preparing for yet another round of princesses singing disney songs or preparing for a special (or the most special of) night(s), we are blessed with one another. 

No comments: