Wednesday, July 21, 2010

PIzza place, but that review will have to wait

Last night I was able to leave the land of freezer food and headed out with a friend since both of our hubbies were working late. We decided on Russo's New York Pizzeria for dinner. I have dined there several times, but the pizza will be a later post, I have to get a good picture. Last night I indulged in pasta. I ordered the Baked Ziti over the Pasta Puttanesca at the waiter's recommendation. Bad Waiter...Bad, Bad Waiter. It was a little bland and not nearly as cheesy as a good Baked Ziti should be. Their tomato sauce was nice and light, but it left me wanting something heavier for a classic baked dish like ziti. The menu says the pasta is homemade, but I doubt the penne in the ziti dish was anything but boxed. I found myself looking longingly at the gnocchi with bolognese across the table and the pizzas ordered at the table next to us. On a plus note, their salad's are delicious. I got the greek with the balsamic dressing at it was exactly as it should be, crisp lettuce, ripe tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, tart olives, a smattering of feta, and a drizzle of light and tart balsamic dressing. So the pizza will soon be included in my pizza quest, but I will avoid the pasta for awhile.

No comments: