Thursday, April 9, 2015

My girls

Today the girls school hosted an early Mother's Day tea in their class. We were invited to the school for playtime, circle time, a cute song, a delightful craft, and a meal with our kids. Matt took the day off so he could take Johnny to therapy and I was happy to devote time to my sweet girls. They delighted in showing me their classroom and introducing their friends. Apparently Keegan has made a great friend with one of the older girls in the class and it was fun to watch them hug and play. At circle time they were tasked with introducing us and telling what their favorite thing to do with mommy was. Keegan shouted out "playing and snuggling" and Mac curled into a ball and refused to answer. I was able to get enthusiastic nods from her in response to "playing basketball and reading". The craft involved making a flower picture with all of our painted handprints and they both loved painting my hand and helping me press it on the paper. 


After, we walked over to the school's culinary class and had a meal served to us!!! It was special to have that time with my girls and they could have given me the same pb&j they gave the girls and I would have been excited to simply sit, have a meal brought to me, and not have to clean up anything! I loved talking with Mac and Keegan about different aspects of their class and spoke a bit with Mac's buddy teacher too. She has been working hard with Mac on reading and writing and I have seen improvement across the board!

These pictures were taken by each of the girls-


Once that was finished, I went over to the elementary school we are zoned to and registered Mac for school. It made me nervous and sentimental and a little sad, not at her going, but at how quickly the time is passing. Six years ago we were just telling people she was on her way to join our family, relishing in our secret through the first trimester, and now she is ready to go off on her own, car riding to school in the morning and bus riding in the afternoon. It's such an odd place to be, I am anticipating this new step and all of her education years ahead with gladness, she will learn and grow so much, but I cannot believe the last stage, the at home and preschool stage, is coming to an end. I so enjoy spending time with her, I am going to miss her, but she is amazingly well prepared and ready to be in a big girl class in a big girl school! 



It's such a great time to be their Mom. I am lucky to have them and to spend extra time with them or to hear all about their day when we reunite!



No comments: