Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Working out

The 30 day shred was going great...yes...note that I said was. Between Mastitis, people visiting, leaving to go to College Station for the weekend, and getting a cold, it has proved difficult to stay on top of the whole work out. I understand that there are always excuses when it comes to working out and that Jillian Michaels would probably yell at me and say that I was just "phoning it in" anyways. I have decided to put a hold on pushing the Shred any further right now. Last week my cold was the turning point. Normally I try to push through a cold and continue to work out, but I felt that with my usual "extra reserves" of energy being taken by nursing the monster child that is my daughter (unofficial weight of over 16 pounds), I took the week off. I weighed myself on Monday (as usual) and grimaced in preparation of seeing a larger number than a desired (Super Bowl Sunday plus no working out couldn't be good). I was surprised by a number a full 6-7 pounds less than the week before! While this might be a small amount of muscle mass, there is no way all of it was. I have personally decided that the shred might not be the best workout for a nursing mother because I feel that my body was keeping on extra pounds because of the fear Jillian Michaels instilled in it. Instead I will be starting the couch to 5K program (as previously mentioned) this week. It is a very gradual program so I don't think I will have the same issues as with the shred. Also, I think that our stroller is good enough that I can do some of the program while getting some fresh air with MacKenzie. So...we will see how this goes!!!

2 comments:

Ashley Howard said...

As if to confirm that I need to take it a bit easier, I got incredibely sick last night. I am wiped, but trying to stay ok...

McKay said...

Wow! Hope it works out!