Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Our baby story (thus far)

Matt and I decided to try for a baby. We knew that there was the possibility of conceiving quickly, but we had no idea that we would be one of the fortunate couples that is successful the first go-around. I knew within a few days that something was a bit different, but did not want to get my hopes up. Waiting the two or so weeks to take our pregnancy test was the longest two weeks ever. We kept on waiting, not wanting to take the test too soon and be disappointed by a negative. We finally bought a test and waited until morning to take it. Suffice it to say that neither of us got much sleep that night. We finally decided to take the test at about 3 a.m.. I followed the test directions and I was supposed to wait to get Mattie and we would check the test together. I, innocently enough, just checked to see if the test was registering and was surprised with a very positive plus sign shining up at me! Those suckers say to wait two minutes, but we took it as a good sign that we were very pregnant! I ran into the bedroom saying "Matt, oh my God, oh my God" over and over again. He checked it and we smiled and laughed together!
We then proceeded to keep it a secret from our families for another THREE weeks. Needless to say we made really lame excuses for why I wasn't drinking or why I was so tired. I had the world's longest cold to cover both of those things!

There is more to come...but there is the start of bringing another member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie class of 2031 into this world! Whoop!

No comments: